- Powerful Websites Designed for ALL Devices
Getting Google Reviews
Customers and businesses both benefit when a business is reviewed on Google. It allows customers to make better and more informed decisions based on information from people they trust. On the other hand, it allows businesses to strengthen their relationships with customers by directly interacting and engaging with reviewers on Google.
To encourage reviews for your business:
- Remind your customers to leave feedback on Google. Simply reminding customers that it’s quick and easy to leave feedback on Google on mobile or desktop can help your business stand out from sites with fewer reviews.
Your customers will need to be signed into their Google+ account to write reviews. Once they’re signed in, they need to follow these steps:
- Visit plus.google.com/local and search for the location.
- Click on the name of the business to go to its page.
- Click the Write a review button next to the cover photo.
- Rate different aspects of the place using the 1 to 5 star scale, and write any information that you think will be helpful in the text box.
- When you’re done, click Publish. Any reviews that you write will be public and attributed to your Google+ name.
They can also share their reviews with their circles. This will help spread the word!
- Visit the page of the business that you have reviewed.
- Click the share button at the bottom of the review.
- A share box will appear that allows you to add comments and choose circles or people to share with. Click +Add more people then select a circle or type the name of individual people you’d like to share your post with. If you’d like to remove a circle or person, click the X next to their name.
- When you’re ready to post, click Share.
- Become an active presence on Google and respond to reviews. Your customers will notice that your business values their input and respond with more reviews.
- Make sure your business information is verified. Only verified local Google+ pages can respond to reviews.
- Reviews are only valuable when they are honest and unbiased. Read more in our review posting guidelines.
Writing great reviews helps others discover the places that are just right for them. Here are a few tips:
- Be informative and insightful: Be specific and relevant to the place you’re reviewing, and describe what other visitors are likely to experience. Highlight what makes the place special, and try to share something novel and new. From signature dishes to secret sale racks, reviews should reveal the unique experiences that places offer.
- Keep it real: Be authentic. Review your own experience, and explain why you liked or disliked the place. Try to be as accurate as possible, and include both the positive and negative aspects of your visit.
- Be respectful: Not every experience with a place is going to be perfect. Sometimes you’ll want to share negative feedback. Even if you’re frustrated, make sure your criticism is constructive. Business owners often use feedback to improve their offerings.
- Reviews not General Commentary: At times certain locations may become the subject of larger public debate or conversation due to recent news coverage or current events. While we respect and value your opinion, Local Reviews are not meant for social or political commentary. We think there are other forums that are more suited to those kinds of conversations, like blogs or social networks. Please write about your firsthand experience with the place and not general commentary on the place in relation to recent news.
- Write with style: People will pay attention when you write thoughtful reviews. Keep them readable and avoid excessive capitalization or punctuation. Use good grammar, check your spelling, and avoid profanity. Choose the right length – a paragraph is great. Be creative and have fun!
For more information about improving your company’s online presence contact OMG! Marketing today!